Monday, October 4, 2010

a few thoughts.

"I ask you right here to please agree with me that a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers want us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived." Chris Cleave, Little Bee

Lauren, it must be said, is one of my favorite writers: "Everything seems deliberate when it could seem so aimless. The delicate fury in our desire to emerge from the most ordinary sorrows."

I need to thank her for sharing this song. Yes please. That lovely trail led me nicely to this one. I didn't know I could like a version as much as Neil Young's, but the strummy guitar, the harmonies of favorite voices, the beer bottles clattering on the floor in the background noise. It is just so on this fall night when outside it smells like woodfires burning, and inside the warm lights glow.

1 comment:

  1. just read this. . . my turn to thank you, sweet friend - for the kind words, and the music.

    ReplyDelete